Thursday, February 16, 2006

6d and Sox






6C and 6D were originally one chapter, but I decided that they were too long together and worked better as seperate chapters. Of course, most of the Legacy stories on the BBS have more pictures, but I think I yak more per screenshot. *grin* I almost had this ready to upload on Tuesday, but I was lured away by my pretty sock yarn and the Call of the Knitting (kinda like the Call of Wild, but more textural). Bimpy is modeling my half finished sock up above (I tossed the sock on my bed to get a picture of it and B insisted on helping. Ignore the finger) I got past the hard part (turning the heel -- the part where it goes from being a tube to actually having this bend in it) so the sock released me from it's yarnly grip and allowed me to finish Cleveland's date. If you haven't been lured to the Yarn Side and are wondering what a sock-in-process looks like when it's not being worn by a large orange cat, you can click here.

I never know whether to comment on comments in the post or not; I've been told it's bad blog etiquette to answer comment questions in the comments.

Comments to Comments =)

Jenn W: "What do you do in IT? I'm training to be a programmer analyst and am a technical writer"

I'm a senior IT service desk tech for a Fortune 100 insurance company (Did you watch the SuperBowl? Been watching the Olympics? You've probably seen our ads; they were supposed to go national with them after the SuperBowl) Of course, saying I and my team are 'just a bunch of computer support geeks" is like saying the pit crew for a car in the Indy 500 are 'just a bunch of mechanics' *chuckle* Troubleshooting and support-wise, we can do everything short of hardware installation and problems we can't fix (like issues with specialty software, networking, etc.) we escalate on to a host of 2nd and 3rd tier IT teams. I'm working on a project right now to transition support for one of our new affliates from their IT guys over to my group. I can already feel the gray hairs starting.

Lisa: "...I don't get the last part of the roomie's l-plate"

The Roomie and I are both gamers, especially online games, and in online games you get the punks who talk in "l33t speak" or the abbreviated text messaging style. I've noticed a few of these on the BBS too *snicker* A WTFD00D from them translates to "what the ####, dude." The Roomie requested it as joke when he needed new plates a few years ago and figured it'd get turned down. Apparently the Ohio BMV doesn't have any gamers working there. The plate is great at gaming conventions, especially Gen-Con

Oh, and I actually have gotten a couple good blind dates from the @*(%^ gypsy. My Xtreme start legacy had a couple. Alas, the lot got bugged when I tried to move the Slob in =(


AeronwyDiobhell: Various MMO chatter

Yeah, when WoW made the cats available as pets, I almost went over to the dark side. The only reasons I didn't get WoW right then were because a) all my friends were higher level and no one wanted to start a noob to help me learn the game (the weasels!) and b) I had active accounts in several MMOs already and didn't want to start another account. One account went away when AC2 closed, but now I'll pick up another one with DDO. Still, WoWcomes around and tempts me like a forbidden doughnut every now and then (Blood Elves look spiff... must resist) Even today one of my friends at work was taunting me with his siamese and the fact one of his characters in a pirate guild had a parrot. *chuckle* I haven't played my CoH characters since before Xmas so they're feeling kinda neglected. Most of the friends I grouped with wandered off to other MMOs; thankfully CoH is more solo friendly than some games. My primary Teslatrix (who seriously needs a respec) is on Guardian and my secondary Skywire (who's more fun to play than Tes) is on Virtue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home