Saturday, February 02, 2008

Asylum - Chapter 2

Modest and Supportive




Welcome back to the Wainwright Asylum. The nutjobs patients here have been finding ways to pass the time while waiting for resident controllable sim Lizbet to rise to the title of Education Minister. Hopefully it won't be a long wait.

Despite being given (or maybe because they were given) a comfortable, casual wardrobe for every day wear, most residents seem to prefer wandering about in their unmentionables. Provided by FHP Apparel, these garments were described as "modest and supportive."

Yeah, there's a lot of modest and supportive running around the Asylum.






Here we see the modest... Not. (Marie)






And here's the supportive.... Not

Lorna, it's not nice to make fun of Wanda. She's had a rough first day. Two nervous breakdowns are bound to take their toll on anyone.






This became readily apparent with Wanda, who was whipping out Wondra, her flour baby, at every opportunity. But she wasn't the only resident troubled by extreme mental instability.






Parson has been quietly chatting up Dr. Phyllo der Flugball in the privacy of the dormitory. Their single meeting seemed to help clear the young man's head and allow him to resume his daily activities.






Not all patients were able to recover their wits quite so quickly. Like Wanda, Earl was having some problems coping with the fact they couldn't afford to replace the stove his tomato soup caught on fire -- twice. There wasn't even enough to pay the bills (you can see them yellowing away on the mailbox shelf), so Earl took it upon himself to panhandle for money from passers-by. Unfortunately, most people tended to lock their doors and drive away very quickly once they saw him.






Wanda and Earl eventually found another method for relieving their post-fire stress.






It took till Day 3 for these two to get busy between the sheets, probably because they spent most of Day 2 pulling out their aspiration toys at random times.






Wanda, however, seems to be a fickle creature, as a few days later she asked surfer-boy Van to... ah... show her his 'wave riding technique'.

Believe it or not, a few hours later Wanda and Earl were back in here for woohoo round 2. Family sims are just romance sims who want to get married and have kids.






Wanda wasn't the only sim getting some sweet lovins. Lorna and Raul took a little time out to further their relationship as well. I was a bit surprised that it wasn't Marie that Raul first hooked up with, but...






I guess she's still peeved at him for stalking her in the shower.

*sigh* This happens a lot in my challenges I've found (the shower stalking)






Later on Lorna would break the shower for us. Yay, my first borkened appliance. Lizbet was not pleased.

Raul would plug the toilet up about the same time, so Lizbet kinda got 2 for one.






Turns out Lorna is a bit of a troublemaker all around, what with the breaking of things, mocking other residents, and peeping on the neighbors (not like Sim-Keth doesn't visit the asylum a lot.) But Lorna's pretty cool about things too. She doesn't usually panic (much) over the fires, she's smart enough to take a shower when she's stinky, and she's made it her mission while at the asylum to steal Gnutzo back every time he's gnomenapped. She's even too cool to be phased by Sim-Keth's pokey finger... that or she's too engrossed in Wanda's cleavage. *facepalm*






But time and tide catches up with all of us. See Lorna, I told you not to make fun of Wanda for falling asleep standing up. I hope that mac 'n cheese is comfy.






Moving right along, as the first week moved into the weekend, we had our next sim self visit. Sim-Lynn happened to be passing by as Lizbet returned home from work on Friday, so I had her run over and greet her. Lynn, however, was not interested in chatting with Lizbet about the state of the economy.






It was the asylum's resident recluse Parson she wanted to have a long in depth conversation with about the current political scene.






These two were so caught in conversation, I don't think I could've separated them if I tried. I've never seen Parson have the kissing conversation with any of the other residents. It's looks almost like he's propositioning Lynn for one. (Who knows, he may have never had one)






Sim-Lynn seems interested, so long as they're not recycled kisses.






She was actually starting to get a bit stalky with Parson, even following him into the pantry while he was taking his sponge bath (He didn't seem to mind; he didn't shoo her at least). I can just hear her..."Um, that's nice Miss Asylum-person, but could you leave the two of us alone? I really want to stare at your institution-mate as he rinses off."

So I sent Lizbet off to make dinner for everyone...






Which was a bad idea.

Yes, they've got a stove back. It took me two days to be able to afford it, and in those two days the residents did pretty good at gaining cooking skills. I think everyone has 2 or 3 of 'em now, so I was hoping not to see another cooking fire for a long time. I should've known better. *laugh*






Lynn decided that no matter how much she wanted to stay and chat up Parson, it was time to go, what with all the stinky people now running around. On her way out she decided to stop and pick up a souvenir of her visit, namely Gnutzo.






The neighborhood wolf who was wandering by at the time had some issues with the gnomenapping, however. Sim-Lynn still didn't give Gnutzo back, despite the scare. Lorna had to go steal him back later.






Things were pretty quiet in the Asylum until Sunday morning, when Parson's pop tart started a fire. Yep, that's 4 fires in the first week alone. Oy

Oh, and see that kid sitting at the table...






He's Taylor Braddock, another custom townie sim I released into the wilds of Middlington (he's a slightly tweaked version of a lovely young man from Linuslover30 and BoolPropped's website If you haven't been there, go... they have very tasty sims)






Taylor was a walk by Saturday afternoon that I had Lizbet greet. She greeted several walk bys that day to get them in her phone tree. I'm not sure how many friends she'll need eventually and I wanted her to have a number of people available for her to call and make friends with. Well, Taylor started following her all around the asylum, trying to do things with her or talk to her. He even hovered around over her bed while she slept. He took stalking to a new extreme with her.

After he eventually left (after Sunday morning's fire) I just happened to check Lizbet's info in the ACR adjuster. Well, the adjuster said that she had the hots (was most attracted to) for Taylor. WTF? I checked her relationship panel and she had all of an 11 relationship with him (11 STR/6 LTR) I've got the ACR plug in that allows teen and adults to have attraction for each other, but the lightning bolts won't show up on the panel. I figured this was probably the case; they had a bolt or two for each other but because I have teen-adult relations disabled, the most he could do was stalk her.






In order to see just what sort of attraction the two of them have, I sent Taylor to University after I finished the first week in the Asylum. Taylor's relationship with Lizbet is even lower: 6 STR/5 LTR. However, they have 3 bolts *facepalm* Now, I've rigged a lot of 3 bolt couples (*cough*SK & Kasson*cough*) but I rarely have one just 'happen'.

After he claimed his room, I send Taylor out to greet walk by Kevin Bear. First thing he did was start talking about Lizbet and spouting little pink hearts.






Needless to say, I've got a whole new reason now to get Lizbet through this challenge alive (and still an adult).

So how do things stand at the end of the first week?

Fires: 4
Stoves destroyed: 1
Nervous Breakdowns: at least 7
Job Level: 3 in education (substitute teacher)
Chance Cards: 1 (earned promotion to substitute teacher)

I meant to note down the number of family friends, family funds, and lot value, but forgot. I'll grab those when I load the lot to start on week 2.

And now, a quick check back on Sim-Keth...






...whom we left with a party in progress.

Yep, all sorts of scandal and crazy party antics here. Red hands and a ride in the Whirling Sphere O' Puke. Actually Sim-Lisa had pretty good luck in the sphere. No falling out and no losing her dinner. SGT Heather has apparently forgiven Quavi for getting stalky on her.






Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Bacillus shared some juicy gossip with Sim-Lynn.

Dunno who the red haired guy in the background is. Random walk-by Keth grabbed I think.






And what was so startling that it got Lynn's face stuck like this till she left the lot?






Could it be that the hostess was getting down and dirty with her leather-clad party attendee?

*chuckle*

ACR had been trying to queue these two up for woohoo for a while and I kept cancelling it out of Sim-Keth's queue. I missed one during the party though. And before anyone asks, this all happened before Sim-Lisa and Orrin got 'friendly' with each other at the asylum. If I'd let Sim-Keth throw her party after that happened, we might not have had a chance to see these two snuggled up all cute together.

Not that a proper Orrin clone would tolerate being called cute.






Although I'm not sure this is a proper Orrin clone. The cats adore him. Seriously, as he was getting up the next morning both Bibby and Atticus rushed in with him in their queues and he was happy to hug and play with them. Which was a good thing, because they weren't getting any attention from Sim-Keth.






She was rather busy elsewhere.

*facepalm*


Previous Chapter
Next Chapter

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger MysticSpirit said...

Umm ... those unmentionables look very comfortable. Who wouldn't want to wander around the lot wearing nothing but those? I know I wouldn't mind. :O) They look very serviceable. :O}

But MY GOODNESS! Look at all the crazy people running around! Oh wait. It's an asylum. Crazy people running around should be expected. But so many pictures of them doing their aspiration failure animation thingies. Very kewl!

And my oh my OH MY! With ACR in da house, the lovemaking is running amok! *snicker* Good thing they're all having safe sex. LOVE that censor bar in front of Van's nekkid-ness. *snicker*

My goodness! Sim-Keth is all up in that asylum! Maybe she secretly wants to be a patient there? ;O}

Interesting to see Sim-Lynn having a conversation with a patient ...... through a couch. Is the couch the mediator? ;O) HEHE!

Don'tcha just LOVE watching the nekkid spongebaths? :O>

MORE FIRES?!?! Dang ... maybe that country kitchen stove is EXTRA-flammable or something ...

And isn't this interesting that Lizbet has a 3-bolt younger suitor! WOOT! INCENTIVE!

MY GOODNESS!!! My face mirrored Sim-Lynn's face at the final two images in the entry. O__O Not that I was surprised by the second to last. But the LAST one! *SNICKERS*

Awesome entry!

2/02/2008 9:36 PM  
Blogger Kethwyn said...

*chuckles* Aw Captain, you know Risky Woohoo tends to bite my sim-selves in the butt. I so did not plan for that to happen. Heck, I didn't even want the woohoo part to happen.

Don'tcha just LOVE watching the nekkid spongebaths?

And Parson is so nice to watch when he takes one too. Sim-Lynn apparently agrees.

2/02/2008 9:49 PM  
Blogger SuziCat said...

OMG, that was aWesome! I loved the "recycled kisses"! Really fun stuff! Don't you just love the unexpaected? :-)

2/03/2008 12:19 AM  
Blogger Bubbs said...

So much happened! So much to comment on! Love, love, love the unmentionables! They just look delightful!

Oops, I have shown up and want to talk about recycled kisses, lmao. I guess I want only fresh ones.

Why are the nuts constantly spying on Sim-Keth? Was Orrin with her at that time? On that note, I can't wait to see the baby!

Lizbet and the youngster? Hmmm, that must work out. It must, the natural 3 bolts are great.

2/03/2008 5:21 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

How does one recycle a kiss, anyway? I bet Lynn is right, the patients are spying on Keth while she's banging nasties with Orrin. This story is great! It really brightens up my morning.

2/04/2008 9:59 AM  
Blogger AeronwyDiobhell said...

(Warning: This is looooooong. I couldn't help myself!)

Hey, if you're already crazy, what do you care what's socially acceptable, right? If it's warm, I go around in my underwear too! (Well, in the house only...)

Heh. *waves to Wondra* (Interesting that that really exists!) I guess she REALLY wanted a baby, eh?

Is it wrong that I think Parson looks --really-- cute in that shot with the "doc"? *grin*

Aww, poor Earl. He's just trying to help the institution out. Is that so wrong? *shakes a scolding finger at the people zooming away*

Whew, go Wanda and Earl! That should be one way to help ease your troubled mind! (You need to kill someone off so Wanda can get knocked up. *nods*)

Wow. Family girl Wanda is getting more play than Romance girl Marie. *cheers for the quiet one* Two guys, 3 woo-hoo's. Can't wait to see who she snags next. *grin*

You know... I'm wondering if these guys are hooking up just as an excuse to get some good sleeping in the big bed. ;-) But congrats to Lorna and Raul!

It could be worse. You could have the naughty shower in your asylum. Then they'd not only stalk someone there, they'd be all voyeristic and, um, you know, "enjoying" themselves. *grin*

It's your sense of responsibility that's causing you problems, Lizbet. You coulda just left the stuff broken. ;-)

At least Lorna's not all a trouble-maker. It's important to get Gnutzo back whenever he's gnomenapped, you know! *giggles*

The mac and cheese may be comfy, but I bet the edge of the bowl hurts, digging into her forehead like that. *snickers*

Well, the economy is a rather depressing topic to discuss these days. But I suppose Sim-Lynn could have at least pretended to be interested. I think she just liked how Parson looked in his underwear.

What the heck is a recycled kiss? But nice, it's good to see Parson not be such a recluse.

Oh my. Sim-Lynn, I didn't know you had it in you! *snickers* Although... *stares at Parson's backside through the blur* I guess I don't blame you.

Oh dear. You had control of her and still started a fire? *snickers*

Wow, how many times has Gnutzo been stolen now? *cackles* Wow, they have a guard-wolf! *grins*

Holy crap. 4 fires in 1 week? Sheesh! Maybe you shouldn't replace the stove if they destroy it again. *chuckles*

Aww, Taylors first crush! *gets mooshy* Let's hope it doesn't land him right in that asylum with the rest of 'em. ;-)

Hehe, boy, he's just raving about how fantastic Lizbet is, isn't he. Wow, 3 bolts?!? No wonder he was stalking her! I'm sorry, but you are not allowed to interfere with fate like that. Taylor and Lizbet must wind up together. *nods emphatically*

"At least" 7 breakdowns? There've been so many you've lost count? :-D

Goodness, what an expression, Lynn! Heeeyyyyy! I thought he and Lisa were heading for a hook-up! (Isn't that who Lisa was getting all smoochy face with?) HA! See? I knew I remembered that. *tsks loudly*

Hehe, now THAT is a cute picture of Orrin and the kitties. Any man that cats adore is alright in my book! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh, Sim-Keth, is serves you right, you hussy. You shouldn't be fooling around with him like that, you know. *falls off her chair laughing*

2/04/2008 11:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

So many breakdowns, that post made my day! A visit to an asylum made my day?! :O

That censored bar is hysterical and 4 fires! no way! Poor Earl, I think he's my favorite character, everyone locking their doors and speeding away...he means well.

"Family sims are romance sims that want to marry" Ain't that the truth?!

2/04/2008 6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a week! At least no one died. And I love the bits the ACR is throwing into the mix!

Hmmm, Quavi is still stalking Sim-SGT. You know I think when I did some sim-me's Bacillus was obsessed with Sim-Lynn too. And SK and Orrin!!!! *jaw drops*

2/27/2008 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home