Friday, February 08, 2008

Asylum - Chapter 3

Another Week, Another Catastrophe




Welcome back yet again to the Wainwright Asylum. The residents are happy to see you. As this challenge goes on, it won't be long before they'll be happy to see anyone who doesn't live there.

But before we take a look see to find out what week 2 brought about, let's stop in and visit someone...






who's a little confused as to why everyone thinks she's the hussy here.






That could be because she's been tossing her cookies all day, and it ain't from the cliché bad chili either.






Between mad dashes to the bathroom, Sim-Keth rung up Sim-Lisa so I could change her out of the banana tunic. She seems rather appreciative at being out of the thing. I'd love to show you a better picture of her new outfit but...






After the hug she made a bee-line for the Whirling Sphere O' Puke and refused to get out until after Sim-Keth had gone to bed.






Sim-Keth was
completely exhausted when she finally hit the hay, only to wake up with only half her energy recharged just so she could glare me.






Oh, and also so she could have her first bump. That might've had something to do with the glare. I haven't pulled up the pregnancy monitor yet to see if she's the lucky mother of twins.

But lets go check out the real reason we're here and leave Sim-Keth to constantly run to the bathroom to pee.






Lizbet is no doubt dreaming and hoping that her second week in Middlington's Wainwright Asylum for the Slightly Deranged is better than her first week there. Last week ended with:

Fires: 4
Items destroyed by fire: 1 (stove)
Nervous Breakdowns: 7
Job Level: 3 in Education (substitute teacher)
Chance Cards: 1 (earned promotion to substitute teacher)
Family Friends: 3
Family Funds: §1491
Lot Value: §32940
Total Family Wealth: §34431 (value on the neighborhood screen)

So let's poke the play button...






And see what the week holds for us in this place filled with Spying...






Sex... (and strategically aligned hanging plants)






And Skivvies...






Everyone seemed pretty chipper at the start of week 2... but will it last?

Let us see...






So, my big question was... with Sim-Keth being a little enceinte, is she still able to fulfill her Mad Poker role, or has she passed the torch to someone else while she waddles about?






Twas a silly question.

My only complaint is that when pregnant sims travel to community lots (or are walk bys, come to visit, etc.) Maxis/EA/Whomever decided to have them show up in all their last bump hugeness, even if they've only had their first bump (like our poker here). I won't even discuss the maternity clothing or the lack of maternity outerwear.






Yes, things have moved through the cold part of the fall, and our first winter walk-by is here. Sim-Lisa, modelling the latest in Maxis outerwear






Once she was inside, however, she decided she's rather model the new outfit she'd picked up between spins in the Whirling Sphere O' Puke while visiting Bibby and Atticus. It's certainly a change from the banana tunic (hopefully a good one)

Now that she wasn't being distracted by Orrin, Lisa was eager to meet and make friends with the patients.






However, her timing was a bit off when she tried to introduce herself to some of them. I think you've interrupted Lorna and Raul post-woohoo there Lisa. And post a little something else too, to judge by those floating hearts... post-woohoo make out session maybe?






Lisa didn't let that stop her though, and she moved right on to resident recluse Parson. Apparently she'd heard about him propositioning Sim-Lynn for kisses and decided to offer him something a little more substantial.

If you're thinking that Parson is the only patient who's been attracting the interest of the folks I added to the townie pool...






well, he's not the only one with a thing for sim-selves and similar folks.






Gratuitous Parson shower shot.

And through the dropped wall we can see Wanda and Earl going for their daily round of woohoo. Seriously, if Wanda doesn't get woohoo at least once a day (and usually with Earl) then something's wrong. Romance Sim + Marriage/kids wants = Family Sim.






I should've recognized this as the omen that it was and had Lizbet repair it right away, but I was worried that with 1 mechanical skill she'd electrocute herself. They've got a sink, so I figured the dishwasher could wait till she had more skill. But things began a definite downward spiral after the dishwasher konked out.






As a pleasure sim, Raul gains aspiration points from the simplest things, like eating cereal. I honestly don't know how Marie is doing. She's romance, but I haven't seen her kissing or getting snuggly with anyone, much less partaking in any woohoo. She seems to be doing well so far. Earl, however... as a wealth sim he's sure not making any money and we're certainly not buying anything to feed those "I want a" wants he might be spinning up. Poor guy.






He's not the only one starting to lose it. I was rather surprised to see Parson getting all weepy and worried. He's knowledge and constantly at the telescope or piano or doing something to earn him some skill points. I'd figure him to be somewhere in the green, not in the red as he appears to be.

I had to do a double take when I first brought up this pic of Parson. Because you can't see any skintone, he looks like the Original Orrin over in Strangetown in that jacket.






While some patients handled their stress by worrying or crying, some apparently coped by eating. Lizbet had to call for groceries 3 times during the second week. I was happy to discover that a couple of the patients liked to serve meals rather than just make a serving for themselves. Raul especially liked to serve cereal for breakfast every morning.






At some point while Lizbet was at work, some rude walk by kicked over the trash can. It was already giving off its icky green miasma when I noticed it and I was worried that we were going to have vermin by the time Lizbet got home. To my surprise Marie came out, set the trash can upright, and cleaned up all the trash.

So there were a few good things going on in the Asylum as well.






There was also no shortage of woohoo in the Asylum either. But who is this, catching up on their beauty sleep after rumping the sheets? It's hard to say...






It could be either of these two. Or is could be Van. As I mentioned earlier, if Wanda doesn't get sweet lovins regularly, she's just not a happy family sim. She prefers Earl, but will make a play for Van on occasion (for variety I guess)






Or it could be these two. Lorna and Raul aren't members of the frequent woohooers club, like Wanda and Earl are, but they still stay pretty busy. Those five are the only ones getting any regular woohoo action in the place.

Speaking of getting busy, Lizbet better get busy and get out front.






She's got another famous face to greet. Yep, Cleveland Garth, Residential Engineer Extraordinare, just happened to be wandering by. Lizbet thought she would invite him in for dinner.






He thought he'd do a little gnomenapping on his way to the dinner table.

*facepalm*






Clevey-baby got a little distracted on his way to the dinner table... okay, he got a lot distracted. By the time he got around to grabbing a bowl, he was plumb tuckered out and passed out in his pasta. There actually is a bowl there... somewhere... it's just that between his face and his hair, it's a little hard to spot.

Why don't we let poor Clevey catch a little shut eye and come back later? We've still got a long way to go before the week is over.



Previous Chapter
Next Chapter

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

This is great! I love your new asylum challenge, it makes me want to give it another shot. Definitely have to wait until I get ACR installed though, it certainly adds to the entertainment factor.

2/08/2008 2:42 AM  
Blogger Bubbs said...

Poor Sim-Keth seems to be left in pregnancy limbo. I see the nuts haven't stopped spying on her. *snicker*

I like Lisa's new outfit. Very nice. :) She needs to leave Parson alone! He doesn't need to give her any recycled kisses....

She could always influence someone to fix the dishwasher...

Poor Parson is upset! He just wants to earn some skills probably.

HAHA! Cleve comes to visit and steal the gnome!

2/08/2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger MysticSpirit said...

I've been pimped! I've been pimped!! *pumps he fist* And a good thing too, cuz I hope to do so playing of Cleve-baby this weekend (I hope). I have so many sim-related things that I wanna do. ;O) *waves to Cleve-baby and winks* I still think he looks like David Lee Roth in that outfit though. ;O))

Anyway ... the update. AWESOME!! I love that there weren't any fires for the first half of this chapter. Doesn't mean that there won't be any for the second half though ... I know. :O)

My goodness ... these sims have much better sex lives than ME! O_o That's just sad (for me). *LOL*

Loved getting a peak at Sim-Keth ... getting all "bumped" and everything. I love those jammies of hers. They look good on her.

And I don't get why there's no outer maternity wear. *sad sigh*

2/08/2008 11:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sim-Keth is so cute with her baby bump. I love Sim-Lisa's new oufit. She looks good in red.

Check out Raul's jammies! How cute.

2/08/2008 1:59 PM  
Blogger Kethwyn said...

Laura: I've used ACR quite a bit in dorms, and it's always fun, so I figured it would really add some life to the Asylum. Anytime you get ACR and a bunch of uncontrollable sims together in a room for any length of time, things get really interesting.

Lynn: I've been trying to avoid using influence on anyone, not just on other patients. Besides, last thing I need is for an Sim Somebody to get electrocuted to death in the middle of the kitchen.

Captain: Yeah, I figured I'd better point out Clevey Baby's origins, lest someone think he's a Gage Uglacy clone from the Exchange.

Lisa: Raul and Lizbet are the only two patients who wear their pajamas; everyone else prefers their underwear... for everything. One of the other guys (Parson I think) has a kitty on the front of his pajamas.

2/08/2008 4:32 PM  
Blogger SuziCat said...

Very fun again! Looking forward to more!

2/10/2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger AeronwyDiobhell said...

*looks over her comments before posting them...* Heh, looks like another mini-novel. I can't help it. I love Asylum challenges! Anyway, on to the comments:

Lisa's a Sphere-addict, eh? *tsks* SK, you know, you might not get into these predicaments if you use birth control measures. (Abstinance might be a good one...)

Lots and lots of skivvies. Or lack thereof. *waggles her eyebrows* Huh. I never noticed that they come over in their 3rd bump. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. *nods* As for no outer wear, I've heard that pregnant women are always really warm or something, so maybe that's why.

I like sim-Lisa's new outfit! :-D

First off, I LOVE Raul's pajama's! Where'd you get them, if you remember? And secondly, yeah, nice timing, sim-Lisa. I think I'd asked before, but I'm not sure: Do you have jealousy turned off on this lot? Otherwise, I anticipate things starting to get VERY "interesting" around there soon! *giggles*

Lisa! *tries to look shocked and fails* Okay, I can't say I blame her. He IS a cutie, after all.

*stares for a few minutes* Huh? Wha? Wall dropped....? *looks a little to the right* Oh, yeah, that part of the picture. Yes, Family sims are insatiable. I've noticed that too. *feels her eyes sliding off to the left again*

Uh-oh. *is afraid to scroll down*

Surprising how well Pleasure and Romance are doing. *chuckle*

Huh. If he's off doing something skill-worthy, I would have thought he'd be doing okay too. I guess he keeps wanting skill points he's not getting. *shrugs* Who can understand the mystery that is our Sims, eh? Wow, he really does look like Orrin, without being able to skin his skin. Maybe that's why he's so sexy?

Whew, 3 times in one week? Ouch! I managed to get through mine by having my controllable sim wake up early, serve breakfast, then call the household to eat. That way I knew everyone ate and they didn't start making 5 things and get distracted each time. She'd serve dinner when she got home too. :-)

Yay Marie! She really does seem to be coping with her incarceration surprisingly well. *cheers*

Whew, that's some nose Wanda has!

D'oh! Cleve! That's not being a very gracious guest! *sighs and shakes her head* What else distracted Cleve besides his gnomenapping?

2/12/2008 3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love all that is going on here Keth! You do such a great job at capturing the personality of the sim and not dictating what it might be! I love it! Oh and I love all your strategically placed items. *giggles*

2/27/2008 3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home